Sunday pm: August 30th (posted Aug 27)
5:00-5:20 Facebook Premier classThe Function of Shame in the Old Testament
There will not be a FaceBook Live discussion following the class.
5:20-6:00 Zoom Feedback Discussion.Craig will use this time to get feedback on class and worship services.
As a minister, it’s important for me to get regular feedback from the congregation. Typically, that happens through observation and informal conversation. With all the COVID changes, these normal communication methods are disrupted. As a result, I’m finding it difficult to get a good read on the effectiveness of our classes and worship services. As such, I’d like to invite you to participate in a Zoom meeting on Sunday night from 5:20-6:00. I’d like to know if and how classes and worship are connecting to your life. In what ways do they encourage and equip? Also, I’d like to know what elements you think might be missing or what elements should be revisited. I am interested in the perspectives of those who join in person classes/worship and those who participate online, too. My job will be to listen as you share.
Here’s the info you’ll need to join the Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 850 8214 4122
Looking forward to our time together.
Sunday morning outdoor worship opportunity (Posted August 5th )
In response to conversations with some of the church, we are going to offer an outdoor service at 8:00 am on the lawn of the church building on Sundays* where masks are not required. This service is for those and their families that can’t attend the indoor services due to the mask requirement.
Please bring your own lawn chairs. We’ll set up on the lawn shortly before 8am and then have a time for a few songs, a message, prayers, praise and communion. Jef Sutherland will be leading the worship service. If you have any questions, please contact Jef. Craig will continue to deliver the message at our 9:30 am and 11:00 am services.
* This is a “weather permitting” situation. Rain, snow, strong winds, fire and brimstone coming down from the heavens will prohibit the outdoor worship. There will be a maximum of 50 people we’ll be able to have at this service. Social distances of 6’ between families needs to be observed. Updates to the schedule will be made here.
Meeting Schedule Until Further Notice (Posted July 17th after the Governor's new mandate)
Worship: Sundays, 3 services: 9:30am – Masks required 11:00am – Masks required.
8:00am -- Outdoors, masks optional with social distancing, maximum of 50 people.
Class: Sundays 5:pm - streamed on our Facebook Page.
Wednesdays 7:00pm – Adult & Kids's class as the building. The adult class is on-line also. Masks required.
Kid’s class opportunity. Click to read. (Posted Thursday, May 21, 2020)
Link for Worship Service Streaming https://www.youtube.com/c/BillingsChurchofChrist
We will stream the service at 9:30 am, but you can view the recording anytime thereafter.
- Bulletins are not being printed. They are available on the website.
- Feel free to bring your own communion supplies, however communion is available at the building. Please bring your own container to transport the grape juice. If you need assistance, please contact the church offices.
- Helping Others: if you are aware of a pressing need, please contact Rod Cullingworth.
Recent News, Decisions, and Activities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Please do not hold any meetings, no matter the size at the church building until further notice with discussing the meeting with the elder on call first.
- Please mail your contribution checks: PO Box 20871, Billings, MT 59104. You can also give electronically
- Please contact the elder on call (EOC) with questions. See the on-line bulletin for who is the current EOC.
Don't Miss Important Information
- Monitor this webpage to confirm any date changes and updates to congregational activities.
- Select updates also posted to the church Facebook Page.
- Important email and text updates are sent via Flocknote. If you don't receive updates, please subscribe now.
Note from the Shepherds
We are praying for the flock. We are praying for His Wisdom to help us guard and direct the flock at this time while continuing to worship, honor and glorify our Lord. We are reaching out to people that we believe may need contacted. But don’t hesitate to call one of your shepherds if there is some way we can encourage or help you. You may also have ideas that can assist His Kingdom at this time. We want to hear these ideas.
Bruce Blackketter 406-794-8067
Eric Pedersen 406-672-9585
Jef Sutherland 406-670-2437
Mike Monday 406-671-8683
Updated Announcement from the Shepherd's regarding targeted May 10th, 2020 Return to Worship (Revised, May 5th, 2020)
To the flock,
The leadership team met Monday, May 4th, to go over the survey you completed and discuss the Corona virus directive. We have made some revisions that are effective immediately regarding meeting together for worship on Sunday at the building.
- Anyone in the Governor’s directive that is defined as vulnerable is encouraged to stay home, but it is not required that you stay home.
- Instead of having two services based on alphabet, the first service requires you to wear a mask. For the second service, masks are encouraged but not required. Both services require social distancing of at least 6 feet. People need to sit in family units. We encourage our vulnerable members to shelter at home or attend the first service.
Hand sanitizer will be in the foyer. There will be a few cloth masks available for you to take. Communion sets will be available on tables just inside the auditorium. Take one as you go to sit down, as trays will not be passed. Or, consider bringing your own communion supplies.
Service 1 - from 9:30-10:15AM. This service requires you to wear masks.
Service 2 - from 11-11:45AM. This service encourages you to wear masks but masks are not required.
The 45 minutes between services will allow members to leave and for the building to be sanitized.
To ensure the required physical distancing, each service will be limited to approximately 65 attendees. The 11AM service will be Livestreamed. The worship service will not be pre-recorded.
To comply with soical distancing, when arriving at the building, please do not congregate outside on the steps, in the foyer, or fellowship area. Each family should remain together and enter immediately. Please refrain from physical touch or contact with other families. Smiles, waves and long-distance high-fives are encouraged! There will be signs inside and out to remind everyone on keeping social distancing in place.
Sanitize your hands on entry with your own sanitizer or use sanitizer at stations in the foyer.
These areas will be closed/off limits: Nursery room, office areas upstairs, entire downstairs and playground.
Alternate pews will be marked off for families to sit in every other pew. Please sit with your family and allow at least 6 feet between the next family if more than one family is seated on the same row.
Nothing will be passed or distributed: no bulletins. Offering collection plates will be left at the back on tables for contributions. Prewrapped individual communion cups with bread will be placed in the back. Pick one up on the way to your seat if you do not bring your own communion. Trash cans will be at the back for disposal during exit.
At the end of service, the elders will dismiss the congregation row by row. As you are dismissed, please sanitize your hands, exit the building and do not congregate anywhere inside or on the steps outside. Remember to keep your family together and with you at all times to follow social distancing guidelines. It is sad and difficult that children cannot interact with other children, but it is very necessary right now.
While we wait for things to stabilize, we will offer online versions of every class or service that we offer in person.
Romans 14:6 modified for today could say, those who stay at home do so in honor of the Lord, and those who attend do so in honor of the Lord.
Our pledge to those who need more time before they are ready to meet with us: No guilt trip. No pressure. All you have from us is our love, prayers and support.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Your Shepherds